Sunday, August 30, 2015

Will you?

Ladies & gentlemen, this Premium Series Ibanez SA1060 is listing for the above-stated price. The 'Z' finish (zircote)is a limited edition offering for the year.

The Prestige Series RG655GK is listing for much less, the difference can easily get you a decent amp for domestic use.

The question- Will you fork out more money for a model in the manufacturer's lower series, granted it's limited edition? I'm not trying to instigate a price revision here (it'd be wise, though) & I'm not trying to put Ibanez down either- I've been a fan since day one. Chances are, prices were not dictated by the distributor but pegged against the manufacturer's recommendations & production costs.

If I am the salesperson in the store, who would I offer the SA model to? Considering that it's not the manufacturer's flagship model & the average Ibanez fan out there knows nuts about zircote, how soon can I clear this from the shelves?

Something to think about, yes?

No comments: