Monday, October 5, 2015

Stoned

I'm in a 'custom pick' mode in the mean time but I do return to a familiar feel occasionally just to keep things in check. My current picking proficiency is where it's at because I started on a familiar turf so forgetting my roots would be perilous. These days, the stores here don't stock Dunlop Stubbys as much as they used to. The closest substitute are the Clayton Stone pics; familiar size, outline, thickness just that they feature those grooves for a better grip. I'm not saying, in any way, that Claytons are the worthy second fiddle when Dunlop Stubbys are hard to come by- no way. It's just that these Stone picks are not readily available for us to try out (I bought my first one online) & that stores here don't shout out what picks they sell as opposed to guitars & amps. Available @ Musicark, $1.20 each.

No comments: