Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Kiesel: DC


The new Kiesel is a humble DC (DC400H) devoid of flash & strictly functional. The plan was to try a ready made model to see if what the manufacturer has to offer is as appealing (to me) as my other Kiesel (Vader 6). This guitar, upon listing, was rather unpopular; it was spec'd to be very working grade with no particular visual attraction & stayed put till the Veteran's Day price cut took place. I had one other model in mind which 'disappeared' shortly after the Halloween discount went into effect- the price of hesitation. However, I'm kinda glad I went with this one because it proved to be 'different'. The usual custom shop QC is all over this guitar despite being very simple & down to earth. Kiesel is still the standard to beat if you intend to spend good money on some very high standards of production without that over-priced feeling. 

So this adventure very well proved that I could definitely get along with a ready spec'd guitar from Kiesel & not revel too much in their custom spec'd ones as being the superior discourse. I've told myself to never spend hard earned money on any more black guitars but this happened. At the back of my mind I know it's not about the colour, it's about believing what the brand name has to offer in terms of quality, first & foremost. Worth every single cent. This is my second Kiesel & it won't be my last (the next one to be a little different, of course). 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this is intriguing; the DC400 (at least the model number, not the DC series) would have been discontinued for a bit, right when a lot of streamlining was being done; yet it DOES carry the Kiesel logo.

also I might be wrong, BUT I think when the 400 range was launched, it was meant to be the fancy top version of the then DC127/200..

subversion.sg said...

That's right bro, there's no more 400 in the series. It starts with 600 & it already features an elaborate top. These days, due to intense customization, the manufacturer does not have fixed attributes to the models across the board. If we look at the Jason Becker models, headstock variation for the same model applies.