Thursday, November 2, 2017

Turning


Following some pertinent updates here with regards to erroneous matters, the call from a Swee Lee upper echelon was inevitable. I do not wish to be specific but I just talked to someone who can fire people in the company at will.

Nothing nefarious took over, we had a good talk on how to make things work & cultivate a positive relationship between the company & buyers. It was made clear that the call was to assert the fact that the Swee Lee of today aspires to be a people company. There was an up front admission that things over at the company's end, with regards to online transactions & other commercial updates, needed a critical change ASAP. They are still trying & wish things could be revised quicker than expected because things are beginning to become a little too sensitive at both ends & it might go south if matters are not looked into, at the very least. Also, the scale of operations is now bigger & effecting change is not as easy as before. They are appealing for understanding as things unfold for the better.

I had stopped supporting the company recently for personal reasons suffice to say that it's related to the issue mentioned above. However, it's very difficult to sever ties with friends who are still working there & I know my support goes a long way in terms of their career prospects & general standing in the company so yes, I'm still in touch with them on this aspect. From the conversation that took place, there was a clear sensing that support from the customer end was critical in moving any company forward. I made it clear that Swee Lee, to many of us who had been 'with' the company for a good while, is flying the Singapore flag. As a small community here, we would want to affiliate ourselves with the country's flag bearer for a simple reason- we want a win-win situation. As the company continues to expand & become more successful, we hope that their success would trickle unto us in various ways. Yes, we become disgruntled along the way for an obvious reason- issues crop  up especially if there is a relationship involved. I think there are ample avenues for dialogue, listening & getting along especially in a more educated setting of today.

I'm very glad that the individual I talked to just moments ago, took ownership of the fact that he's responsible for the errors & other oversights which are currently taking place because he put the team there to act on the company's behalf (different from ministers who deflected blame for constant breakdown under his watch, yes?). I'm a very bad tempered person but this accounts for only 10% of my true character. The remaining 90%, I leave it to you to understand through the developments of this blog (I treat this more like a diary, really). 

In short, I'm glad what took place today, happened. I continue to support entities & individuals alike who make amends & strive for improvements more than anything else. On that note, 2018 will mark 10 years ðŸ˜™ of theguitaraddict & I look forward to return to the community for the unwavering support as a firm form of thank you. 

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

stumbled upon this blog in 2009, the same year i've learned to play guitar... for the past 8 years, this blog influenced many guitar-related things in my blog - the collections, pickup upgrades, maintenance, even to the simplest restring therapies to name a few.

as a guitar player/tech/hobbyist/enthusiast myself - this blog is #1 on my top 5 reference list

Hans G said...

Sub,

You're flying the Singapore flag for guitar blog.

Keep it up buddy, loving and appreciate it very much! \m/

Hans