Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Picking


This was a necessary withdrawal. I had not been playing my so called preferred pick for a good reason- it made me play badly. Sloppy, to say the least. I returned to others which played a marked role in terms of inspiration & focus. These are the picks you see at the background: Howling Monkey/ Dunlop/ V-Pick/ Dragon's Heart. There are others but I do not intend to make this entry excessive. Bottom line- when you observe a hiatus with good intentions, you'd return refreshed & appreciate what made you effective to begin with. 

There is bound to be something in our lives that clicked with us but more often than not, we tend to take them for granted. It's after these things had gone missing then we start to realize the potent ingredient that makes us who we are. At this point in time, I'd say that my picks are the ones that matter the most to my playing. On a peculiar note, my preferred pick don't always work all the time. There were days when I played worse than a noob. Then the necessary withdrawal begins & the ultimate realization manifests itself- have I taken things for granted? 

Have a good August ahead, everyone. 👍

No comments: