Saturday, April 20, 2019

Count down


If your social media platforms are guitar related, you might have come across the above update. It's a reminder that the post-Juszkiewicz Gibsons are about to be unleashed.

I'm actually one of the dweebs world over who is holding out on this. It's not an affirmation of the right thing to do because these might be lemons for all we know. It's about looking forward to sensible people fulfilling a good intent. If you've been with me for a while, you jolly well know that I find Gibsons a sorry reaosn to be spending hard earned money on. This had been compounded by the Juszkiewicz buffoonery that plunged the brand name goodwill into the dumps. 

The NAMM '19 preludes were promising & there's no reason not to at least look forward to good stuff. If this is the time for me to put aside my abhorrence to the Gibson name, then I should be embracing the quality of things, not the name on the headstock per se. 

This is also my umpteenth reminder to you that the 2019 models you see online & currently available in the stores now are still the Juszkiewicz leftovers. If you like them, fine. 

No comments: