Sunday, April 7, 2019

That neck


Last weekend, I was at Swee Lee Katong & managed to try this discontinued 2015 Gibson LP Traditional. We know what went on that year; robot tuners & a metal nut. What made me pick it up? The neck profile. I believe I handled a wider-than-usual slim taper LP neck. It's definitely one of a kind or maybe, not being an in-the-know LP fan, this was a typical offering. I don't know for sure & not motivated to look into the matter (just not an LP guy).

However, I must say that a certain amount of flatness coupled with a commanding width, the guitar was an awesome player. It's somehow the right kind of neck for this guitar. I'm still holding out till Gibson releases the 2019 LP Standard. Remember, the current ones you see in the stores are the Juszkiewicz leftovers, not what Curleigh would have approved.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

If I were to ever buy another LP, it would be a 2015 (HP), wider neck, no nibs, adjustable nut and finally fixed the neck joint. I just cant understand why the backlash over the fret nibs..

subversion.sg said...

Ever since I tried this one, I kinda fancy wide necks on Les Pauls...