Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Three amigos


My current go-to trio:

  1. V-Pick: Mummy Had been my favourite since I tried them. They are currently offered in a 2.75mm thickness which is below my standards. However, the efficiency I get from this one is impressive
  2. Gravity: Custom Shop Edge This is a recent resurgence; I had abandoned them for personal reasons but that's all buried away for goodness sake. Similar material to V-Pick but the custom options here mean you get to choose the thickness, colour as well as grip type. This one's a 3mm, might be going up to 4mm in time to come.
  3. DAW: Custom engraved Shredline Ordered a set last Black Friday, 3mm & partial acrylic. The smoothest, fastest but lacked a good grip. Still, it's the one I ended up using for the rest of my playing time after starting with the other two.
Note that I have pretty much settled with unpolished edges. This prevents the picks from giving off that chirping sound when you hit the plain strings; no chirping annoyance with wound strings. 

No comments: