Saturday, December 28, 2019

ESP/LTD: 2020 (4)

More stuff from the LTD camp. The Snapper Deluxe models are also having new members & this SN-1000 is one of them. The highlight here is of course its sand-blasted finish & it features the Duncan Pegasus/Sentient pickup combo as well. I'm not a big fan of the Snappers, I prefer the STs. The Snapper's headstock is trying too hard not to infringe a certain other guitar of this nature but implying idea exhaustion. Nevertheless, all the Snappers that I've tried at the stores are above expectations, even the non-Deluxe models.

I know there are limited followings when it comes to semis but the PS is much overlooked when it comes to tone. This new one especially, is equipped with a pair of Duncan Phat Cats. These are essentially P-90-ish but not quite conforming to the P-90 blueprint so the tine there is unique. I have them in my Chinese Jazzmaster & they simply rule! The SN-1000 is another Deluxe model that seems to be punching above its weight. It has to. It's nothing less than a Deluxe model.

No comments: