Sunday, December 8, 2019

Re-string: Talman


Had been attending to this one for the past few days. The Ibanez TM302 is a wonderful player, it's too bad that more were not brought into the stores here & the entire Talman range had been discontinued (again). It's also one of those Ibanez removed from the flatter Wizard neck profile which I need to feel every once in a while. A set of Dunlop 9s this time.


The usual fretboard treatment every time I re-string my guitars. Once again, being in this part of the world, do not be too quick to agree that constant moisturizing would lead to wood damage. I observe a simple rule here; it's a need-to basis. If the fretboard becomes dry & requires some attention, I would give it the due attention regardless of how long ago it was last moisturized. 


Ibanez included a set of locking tuners for a sub-$600 guitar & that's definitely value-for-money. Despite being brandless, I'm very happy with how functional & reliable they are. 

No comments: