Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Might be special

October 2020, before things took a turn for me, I bought this guitar from TYMC. The price was marked down to clear. Nothing fantastic, it's an SG Special (2015).

Yes, it's that dreaded Gibson year easily identified by the LP100 script at the headstock compounded by the fact that it's not a Les Paul. It also features a metal nut & a zero fret. I will keep this in tact for variety's sake. 

And the bane of it all - the G-Force tuning system which I totally dislike. Something will happen to it for sure. This guitar's overall condition is superb; looks almost unplayed & absolutely no fret wear. It's like the  previous owner gave up on the G-Force even before playing the instrument. I'm not averse to something that doesn't really click with me, the purchase of this guitar proved just that. I appreciate the condition of this instrument, its deep discount & knowing I could do something about it to make it more my kind of guitar.

To be continued...

No comments: