Sunday, February 12, 2023

Re-string Sunday


Wanted to go for an early morning walk but it poured, breakfast was indoors as well. Gave my S570B a re-string. Had not been playing this one for a while because I'm not really into 24-fretted S-Series any more; these just turn me off. This one, I  kept because it sounded awesome after the pickups swap: Seymour Duncan Jazz / QP Staggered / Custom. Also, bought Curt Mangan strings to re-live the moments. Not returning to this brand due to the price increase. 


The Custom is an interesting pickup, it's a ceramic magnet pickup but voiced to be medium output with a generous treble serving. Despite being scooped-sounding, I don't hear much of this through the amp. That's why we need to hear pickups in action as opposed to relying on the manufacturer's EQ spec. 

Pic: SD

No comments: