Monday, May 29, 2023

New PGMs


That's right folks, Ibanez decided to exclude these guitars from the NAMM group, opting for a late May announcement instead. This is the new Paul Gilbert PGM1000T (Japan). 


It's a through-neck design with ash body wings. Also, the neck's is a glossed out affair. The guitar features a pair of covered DiMarzio Air Classic humbuckers which I had personally tried: CLICK Ebony fretboard for this one & if you missed it - 22 frets - but the scale length remains unaffected (25.5"). Do note that this guitar is equipped with a set of 8 - 38 strings. 


The other new Paul Gilbert guitar is the PGM50 (Indonesia). It's a bolt-on model with a trio of DiMarzios (Air Classic humbuckers) but the middle single coil is a PGM model. Also - 22 frets, 'board is rosewood & the body, basswood. I would have more respect for this guitar if the 'Premium' label was omitted from the headstock; that's obvious insecurity right there. 

I'm not into signature models so these guitars mean nothing to me. They might be your thing though but 22 frets would be the deal breaker for many fans. I'm into 22 frets in the mean time but I still won't buy these 😅

Pics: Ibanez

No comments: