Saturday, May 27, 2023

TZ: Like

 
My DiMarzio love / hate adventure continues & it's the Tone Zone this time. Perhaps the TZ is the DiMarzio I have tried in many of my guitars over the years with various results. I will avoid the TZ if there are other considerations but in this case, the price for the TZ / Air Norton pair was too good to pass. Also, it's in near-mint condition.

Yes, it's one of those occasions when the TZ sounds good. Maybe it might be due to the shorter scale length of this guitar. It doesn't sound excessively mid-range dominant like the one in my SEW761. It sounds just right. I have no idea why this happened, really. Still couldn't pin-point to any particular contributor which would be a hit with the TZ; wood type / instrument weight / bridge type / pickup height / etc. Most of the time it's a hit / miss. Two hits thusfar - this guitar & an Ibanez S-Series which features the TZ as a default pickup. The rest was a wasted affair.

No comments: