Saturday, July 1, 2023

DD


Starting off July with something new. No, this Ibanez S1620 isn't new. Been with me since 2007 if memory serves me right. I've been having a love / hate relationship with this one for a simple reason - the pickups.


But not this time, of course. I now have likeable pickups in there; a pair of covered Seymour Duncan Distortion humbuckers, specially brought in for me by Davis GMC. The TB-6 there is a tight fit. It has a wider dimension to accommodate the TB spacing. Every TB model comes with its own pickup mounting ring because the people at Seymour Duncan know the guitar's default pickup ring won't be the right one for the job. After a few rotations of pickups, the Distortion will stay put here because they simply sound good for all my needs. 


1st July is SAF there so there's no National Day rehearsal today at the Padang & that made the visit to Gloria Jeans more enjoyable - no crowd. We're already into the other half of 2023. Time flies.

No comments: