Monday, January 13, 2020

Little wonder


Someone's son gave up guitar last year & put this up for sale. It's a Samick Greg Bennett ST6-1, half-sized acoustic guitar. I'm a fan of smaller acoustics namely because I'm small-sized as well & find the standard acoustic models a struggle to handle. From the condition it's in, this little guitar did not get much play time. There were no dirt anywhere on the fretboard & fret wear was non-existent. I must say that I got this one for a steal. 


There was a small chip on the headstock & it's an acceptable anomaly considering that a student beginner once handled this guitar. It's 'restored' with black paint & still looks awesome after a good wipe down & polish. I received this guitar in its as-is condition; lots of dust & rusty strings but all's good now. The plastic stick-on pickguard was my doing, you can get one from SV Guitars & they are on sale now.  

It's an all mahogany guitar (rosewood fretboard/ bridge) but not a solid top model, understandably so at this price point. The instrument sounds a little boxy & I bet the next string change with a bronze set on board might improve the tone somewhat. Despite all that, the sustain is healthy, in fact, it's one of the best from a budget model. It's also my first acoustic with a 12th fret joint to the body, an exciting addition to say the least. 

1 comment:

Best Guitar said...

It was nicely crafted guitar and love to see this mahogany guitar. I want to share more information on mahogany top guitar. Hope you like it. Thanks