Monday, July 21, 2008

Gibson: New LP Std for 2008

The people at Gibson finally (after 56 years) listened & provide the following upgrades, among others, which are value-added inclusions:
  • Locking Grover tuners
  • Strap lock buttons
  • Tone-Pros bridge + hardtail

Personally, I feel these upgrades are grossly overdue. Many other guitar manufacturers managed to include such wise details into their instruments without losing intrinsic appeal. I understand that Gibson has a staunch tradition in keeping things true to their origin but there's no harm really, in making things better (especially for the player who's paying that much money for an LP Std). Yield! And ye shall be adored.

4 comments:

NaViRoS said...

Looking forward towards this Les Paul hitting our shores...

subversion.sg said...

hopefully by then, it won't cost a bomb...

NaViRoS said...

True... haha... though the chambered body sounds just a wee bit unappealing to me...

subversion.sg said...

I'm ok with the chambered body relating to my BFG experience, I like my LP to possess that little bit more top end tingle- let the default resonance dictate the tone, let the supplement (pickups/ effects/ etc) further it. LP purists would bark at this but I'm not one in this league.

However 'more' top end is not gonna be much when it comes to the LP...