Monday, July 7, 2008

Opeth: Watershed


This is a great release by Mikael Akerfeldt & company, one which will surely fortify Opeth's capacity in the prog arena where the proponents of black-tinged metal tread with hesitation.
Guitar-wise, Akerfeldt has a fresh sparring partner who is one of the better players in this industry; Fredrik Akesson. As such, the overall guitar tones here are very polished & defined, thanks to the partners' obsession with all things guitars & the expansion of PRSes in this release.
Despite the countless accolades this album receives, it has limited appeal to me; I'm quite averse to the 'nice' vocals, my tolerance being the lung burst of Master Ihsahn. Add to that the crawl-run-crawl concept of the album in its entirety; I'm selling this away (yes, it's the deluxe, 'envelope' edition as depicted here)... you want?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, is this still available? pls email me at k.wanru@gmail.com if it is. THanks!