Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Danelectro: Cool Cat Distortion

I've been skeptical with the Cool Cat range of pedals namely because they are entailments of the FAB effects series which could have been better in so many aspects of features & QC, namely (some of us simply regret buying them, it's all understood). Anyway, I've managed to try some cool cat pedals & was impressed with all of them in terms of tone & feature offerings; all for less than $40 without the FAB series' dodginess. That's fantastic to say the least.

I bought the Distortion pedal as it proved to be complementary to my tone set-up; currently embracing the distortion raunchiness as a booster for an already driven amp. But the CC Distortion here is a very capable stand-alone distortion source as well. Particularly pleasing is the distortion sweep, from very mild to a commanding raunchiness which would reasonably give the Crunch Box (MI Audio) some competition. Of course, you didn't read the label wrong; it's true bypass.

My message to people reading this entry: Danelectro did themselves some good by refining their most affordable pedals & still keeping them very enticing price-wise. The fact that it's reminiscent in design with the defunct FAB units might deter genuine interest but it's all about believing after trying, of course.

4 comments:

FalseSignals said...

hey sub,dont mind me asking.but where can i get the cool cat pedal?

subversion.sg said...

Cool Cat pedals are available @ Davis GMC.

Anonymous said...

I too have been very pleased with my Cool Cat Distortion pedal. And I'm one who generally doesn't like distortion pedals. :)

subversion.sg said...

pedals are for days when i get bored :-)