Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fender: ST-72

One of my most enjoyable line-up is plugging in my Fender ST-72 into my Marshall. To many of us, basswood is a pariah wood because it's used in many budget guitars & its inherent softness makes it dent-prone. Basswood for a Fender body is sacrilege to many Fender fanatics but this is a better part of snobbery than anything else. the ST-72 is one of the better sounding Fenders out there (in my books especially) tone-wise, quite evidently out-singing some of the top-end Strats coming from the USA.

But I appreciate the ST-72 as a good guitar per se, regardless of its Fender label.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll have to consider that wood for my next project, i currently have a maple body frakenstrat and damn that thing is heavy...

subversion.sg said...

maple is indeed a massive wood, if you ever seperate an Ibanez basswood body from its neck, youd know how heavy maple is...