Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hello: Highway1 Telecaster!

I've finally decided to get the Highway 1 Telecaster; it's a reconciliation attempt- I was never at peace with the 3-saddle, ash tray type bridge:
  • the bridge plate edges are protrusive & affect right hand techniques
  • the action adjustment screws are equally protrusive; they just stab the palm excessively
However, I hear good tones coming from this guitar so Fender's move to revise the pickups in there was learned; no worries (to purists), the signature Tele twang is in tact. My plans for this guitar:
  • get a hardcase
  • buy shorter action adjustment screws
  • get brass saddles
Do note the inclusion of a booklet advising owners of the DOs & DON'Ts for a satin finished body.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've been reading your blog every now and then. Just wondering if you do post some of your music pieces?

What kinda of genre do you play?

subversion.sg said...

hi bro, thanks for reading :-)

no i don't record my ideas down (have no plans to BUT spouse says I should do so to supplement my product reviews).

i play instrumental/ black metal stuff mostly.

Anonymous said...

cool. yeah man you should.

alright, keep blogging man.