Saturday, May 9, 2009

Gibson: Raw Power


I'm not a Gibson fan, but some of their quirky offerings do appeal (eg: Les Paul BFG), the latest incarnation of the Raw Power series (see above) sport maple fretboards which appeal to me per se. Some time back, I was contemplating the Zakk Wylde model which featured a maple fretboard/ neck as well but the price tag was prohibitive + it reeks of the endorser's quirks- I'm never a fan of a signature model.

I did talk to the Gibson official distributor here earlier today- no news of the Raw Power availability here just yet. It might debut in time to come, though...

FYI: The Raw Power series was manufactured for a period of 2 years: 2000 - 2001.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bro, just a comment. the gibson raw power Les Paul series has strangely been noted for it's lack of bass response. i myself have never tried one out, and the models look intriguing. i probably wouldn't get them if the bass response was poor, though. i'm a very drop-tuned, bassy kind of person. any suggestions?

subversion.sg said...

i'm the exact opposite, i like more definition in my Les Pauls- the reason i swap the default pickups out, the manufacturer equipped these babies with such 'wooly' sounding pickups. i don't like them in any way...