Monday, May 18, 2009

You, son of a...

I procrastinated buying this guitar (aka the Pitchfork of Death, in my books...) at the twilight of 2008; when I returned to Davis GMC to give it a second audition before parting with my hard earned cash, it was gone. But that's not the case this year...

The BC Rich Son of Beast is actually a scaled down Beast, featuring only a single humbucker. It's a limited performer per se but it's not a hindrance to players who are fully aware they are working with an eccentric performer. This is my 4th single pickup guitar. On certain days, I thrive on limitations. This just brings out the creativity & focus in me.

The Beast headstock is visually intriguing but is a hindrance when one works with the 3rd/4th string tuner; the upper protrusions would snag your movements. But that gaping, pincer-like design is really good for placing toys with flapping ears like the one above.

It works on the flip-side as well...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sub,

Apart from the single humbucker, any other difference to this from the original beast in terms of size and scale length for example? How about the guitar wood?

Unknown said...

hi sub,

how much did it cost you?

Anonymous said...

Hey Sub, the red outline looks real cool and contrasting to the overall black. Initially, i tot it was a kind of binding. Nice buy. :)
~1mband~

subversion.sg said...

Marcus: this baby is $380 (bag not included)...

Shawn said...

Sub, does Davis GMC sell a bag that is able to fit it? I was eyeing the KK Beast V, but I forgot to ask if they had a gig bag that fits that particular design. =/

subversion.sg said...

yes, there is a bag suitable for it @ Davis- i bought one :-)