Wednesday, May 19, 2010

John 5: The Art of Malice

I have tremendous respect for John Lowery or as the current state of affairs puts it, he is known as John 5. John keeps his personal techniques & playing style relevant when it comes to the music he peddles. This is a prime example of how an individual brings his abilities to his music. In John's case, it's putting a halt to introverted indulgences & deliver focused efforts. But the halting was never in entirety as John's music is sheer evidence of how his hybrid picking expertise still steers his ideas. I've been following John's solo releases because I see him as a very skilled player, very much under-rated as the world is too busy applauding popular music. When I look at John, I see Ibanez instead of the Fenders he currently embrace because that's how I first saw him in my 1997 Ibanez catalogue when he was still John Lowery playing for Red Square Black. The Art of Malice is my favourite amongst his solo releases because I hear progression in his playing. There's more focus here. The Art of Malice is a polite track in this listing, contrary to the destruction it implies. I've been listening to this album ever since I got a few days ago. Nothing but The Art of Malice till further notice.

1,000th entry

This is my 1,000th entry. When I started out this blog, I didn't know I had a thousand guitar-related things to say thereafter. I am perhaps too attached to this instrument to not want to say anything as it has become an extension of myself more than an instrument for specific idea manifestations.

7 comments:

Anssi Sajama said...

Congrats on the 1000th post. :) It has been a pleasure to read, and i think we all hope that you keep up this fantastic work! I for one have learned a lot from you, and i keep checking this site every day and it gives me a smile to see something new to read. Thanks :)

subversion.sg said...

thanks for reading :-) as with many ohter blogs, there are personal & introverted contents here which might not be of general reference. glad to know some aspects of my sharing bring knowledge to others. once again- thanks...

JAIRO said...

too addict to guitar... nice blog anyway.... thanx for the sharing

Anonymous said...

Always been a great pleasure reading your blog. Thank you very much bro.....keep on blogging \m/


Fitch

ashley said...

when i first bump into your blog, i couldn't stop reading it.. i even start to read from the beginning... who knows how much I learned from this blog... thank u for the knowledge sub... congratulation on the 1000th post!

Anonymous said...

Addicted To That... Blog
~1mband~

subversion.sg said...

i try my best not to be too personal with any entries. the primary aim has always been sharing but some personal bits are inevitably included eg: too many ibanez references :-)