Thursday, May 13, 2010

7 + 1

This is the set back of playing an 8-string guitar- the hardship of finding a set of 8 per pack manifests itself every time the instrument is due for a re-string... I'm fortunate enough to find a .065 sold as an individual offering so it's a set of D'Addario 7 + a single .065... I am dutifully enduring this tribulation until Ibanez comes across my blog & sees that I am a big fan of their instruments & decides to reward me with a year's worth of 8-string packs- in my dreams.

5 comments:

thraxil said...

Is .065 really enough for your F#? On my 8, I use a .070 and that's on a 28.6" scale (Agile Intrepid Pro). I would think .065 on a shorter scale would be really loose.

subversion.sg said...

yes it's enough for me. higher tension impedes my playing.

JAIRO said...

never hold any 8 strings guitar....

Raymond said...

hey...where did u get your .65 string? cos i m searching for one as well..

subversion.sg said...

SIT brand- Davis GMC
Gibson brand- Swee Lee