Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Worthy quote: Sammy Hagar

We know him too often as Van Halen's vocalist but when it comes to guitar playing, Sammy Hagar holds his own. Some stuff from the man:

Man, I gotta have straight guitars, no pedals, no 'boards, nothing. I plug in with the shortest cord possible. I'm not a wireless guy, I'm not a pedalboard guy, I wann go straight into my amp- no effects. Zero.

Mr. Hagar here is clearly from the straight-through school of guitar set up, he just wanna hear his guitar breathe through his amp & nothing else. I embrace this setup nature because it lets me hear the true tone of my guitars. Our tone becomes artificial once pedals or any other signal processors get added to the chain. Some of us actually prefer such tampered tones; it's anything & everything that works for us, regardless of how it should be.

No comments: