Sunday, November 17, 2013

Acoustic Sunday

Today is Sunday. It's a day of rest. I'm resting the electricity today. OK, maybe a fraction of that. Also rested today- my pick. I've seen the day through with my Ibanez PF58MH played fingerstyle. I also tried some of the percussive movements ala Thomas Leeb but discovered that a small bodied guitar do not stay put when both the player's hand come a knockin' on the body. But I guess the most important realization here is the fact that a small bodied guitar sounds more appealing played finger-picked; the pick just adds to the instrument's lack of a good bottom end response. It also helps that the guitar in question sports a not-too-bright wood type, in this case, mahogany. Oh, I think my ears are rejecting the tone of non-mahogany acoustics; anything too bright, I wouldn't want to continue playing.

No comments: