Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Charvel: DX-1 ST... mine

Yes... the Charvel DX-1 is as good as it gets. It's really a no-frills guitar save for some intricate binding & a rather flashy set of fretboard markers. As it is, I'm not a fan of flashy details, I like to keep things simple. The focus is on playing & good tones, everything else is distraction. This is not my first encounter playing the DX-1, I've been waiting for the right time bring it home. I think the current 35% discount at City Music makes it a value-for-money consideration- it wasn't this good during the last sale event so it pays (no pun intended) to wait.

Here we go- I'm not a fan of EMGs but I won't cast aside guitars which have them as default pickups, especially guitars that speak to me in terms of tone & playability. More importantly, the DX-1 sounds incredible for my kind of music & I seldom dwell on clean tones. For this, I prefer them coming from single coil pickups.

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

white guitar always looks sexy

subversion.sg said...

White guitars will cream off over time...