Saturday, November 29, 2014

Fly driving

It's one of those days: Strong urge to play vs set-up inertia. Plugging into my Blackstar FLY was the consolation. About 15min into playing time, I simply hooked up the nearest drive pedal around & that happened to be my Maxon ODX. Hearing some incredible tone thereafter, I proceeded to introduce my PRS into the fray & it was worth the hassle (considering my PRS needed a re-string before play could take place).

In the mean time, I'm increasingly impressed with what I hear from my FLY. It's supposed to be a mediocre, novelty-grade, desktop amp but it turned out to be one of the best practice unit I've come across. So this morning, having introduced a drive pedal as a supplement, the FLY proved to be worth it.

Ladies & gents, Blackstar has an extension cab for the FLY called the FLY 103. I'd be adding this to the set-up for the true definition of tiny terror (hopefully).

No comments: