Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Decision

We know where Gibson is heading to come 2015, we know how much (more) the instruments are going to cost in time to come (in about 60 days +/-).

Over at the PRS camp, we are aware the manufacturer is currently offering some of their models in a more appealing price bracket (the S2 series).

Before I continue, I would want to put it on record that I do not represent any guitar stores/dealers here, I do not profit from recommending any brand names to you (if I do, I would've quit my day job & do this full time). 

I am in fact drawing your attention to a real turn of decision. Come next year, if you are considering a 2015 Gibson, you might be swayed to consider a PRS instead. This would be the case because of the nature of the products per se & it's all about what Gibson is doing (or not doing right for that matter- subjective). As for the stores, if the Gibson 2015 models are not hitting the right sales figures, it's prudent to reflect now; what can be done to entice sales? Some suggestions:
  • Guitar + amp = Discount
  • Free accessories worth $_______ (state your preferred amount)
  • Clear B-stock models for less (it's what others have been doing all along, especially the online stores)
  • Festive clearance
  • Limited time offer
If you've been trawling cyberspace in search of some truth pertaining to the 2015 Gibson guitars, you'd read lots of dejected accounts but these are the buyers' perspective. I'd suppose sellers are feeling the heat as well but they won't rant online, it affects their reputation & subsequently, the dealership. Let's be clear that I'm not campaigning against Gibson because for a Gibson skeptic like me, I currently own more Gibson than Fenders (yikes!) when I prefer the latter. Gibson has a reputation for quality & this still holds true but matters of consistency & compromise get in the way. If you are a keen Gibson fan, my suggestion would be to hunt for the pre-2015 models while they are still available.

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

going acoustic this year end :)

subversion.sg said...

i might do just that :-)