Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Incurable

I seldom do re-strings for classical guitars but I won't turn down requests; this was a guitar at work & it was re-strung a few days ago. I find nylon strings very stubborn when it comes to tuning (especially a fresh set of strings), my take on this matter- nylon strings require at least a day to be fully stretched & stay in tune.

This guitar in particular, should be avoided if you are serious about your investments; it's not fitted with a truss rod. You need temperature curing to address any neck warping issues & the treatment would easily cost more than the price of the instrument itself. My advice to you- never overlook the importance of a truss rod. It was invented for a reason. Over time, this guitar you see here would sport a warped neck especially when it's subjected to frequent temperature changes. There are no issues with the QC in the first place & that's not the issue at all.

No comments: