Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Ibanez: Iron Label RGA


Before I am accused of being biased towards all things visually stunning only, let me tell you that the 2016 Ibanez RGA re-intro models seen here (now in the Iron Label family) are awesome guitars for the money. If you wish for some DiMarzio goodness from those Fusion Edge models in the RGD Iron Label models but can do without the extended scale length, the RGA is highly recommended. Besides the gorgeous flame maple top, the instruments also feature an ebony fretboard. On a personal note, I don't see why the kill switch feature was retained in this reincarnated version. I'd rather it was replaced by a tone control. These are available at Swee Lee now.

RGAIX6FM: $1,099
RGAIX7FM: $1,199

3 comments:

Boojakki said...

That switch is for coil tapping, no killswitch ;)

subversion.sg said...

You know why I'm confused? I removed mine for a tone knob: http://theguitaraddict.blogspot.sg/2010/06/deactivated-ibanez-rga32.html

Boojakki said...

Would work too: replace switch with toneknob, change 3-way to 5-way superswitch. Boom, insta-win! ;)