Thursday, March 24, 2016

When Gravity fails


I've been buying gravity picks online so this message is shocking.


They replied my query recently & this was the reason. Firstly, whichever fraudulent degenerate who had been doing this is giving the country a bad name. The lack of trust now spills over to others, their lives are made unpleasant. We cannot rule out the fact that this individual isn't a Singaporean, merely using such details for his dishonest means. Secondly, I made an effort to show Gravity Picks my order history but it seems that this proof does not qualify me as a genuine buyer. It's not good enough. It seems that GP do not make any individual consideration for fans like me. My enthusiasm doesn't mean anything in this case. I understand where they are coming from. They lost lots of money recently on this ground & they have the right to be extra cautious. 

I have other options & I'm moving on. It's rather pointless trying to prove one's worth in this case because Gravity Picks- they are not the only specialized guitar picks manufacturer out there. It's a real loss to me because Gravity Picks are currently making what I really like. All the best to them. In time to come, I hope they would go the extra mile to manifest that little bit of trust in true fans (don't treat them as suspects to begin with just because you had a foul encounter elsewhere). It's an investment in one's goodwill.

With immediate effect, I no longer play Gravity Picks. I have stopped following them in all social media & will not update any Gravity Picks-related mentions here. With all due respect, they deserve it. 

3 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

bummer~

Admin said...

I think it's a pretty reasonable decision on his part. Fraud order have the ability to seriously hurt small businesses such as his. This isn't the first time I've seen places ban Singaporeans, even the popular SevenString guitar forum bans Singaporeans from making accounts because there have been too many spammers originating from here, doesn't stop those who know how from making an account though. I'm really sad that the community over here has people who do such things.

subversion.sg said...

You have every right to protect the interest of your business. But when people come forth differentiating themselves from the rest (regardless of which country they are from), you should, at the very least, acknowledge this difference.