Monday, July 1, 2019

Happy failure but the end


I terribly disliked the default pickups in my Ibanez SIX6FDFM (Iron Label Series, discontinued). Since I have the time & a little extra in the piggy to get this right (always grateful for His providence), I bought Duncans. It's partly my fault for not checking first but I have no issues with my other S-Series in my possession so this was a calculated assumption & one that I got wrong.


Could it be the exclusive case of the direct-mount type? Well, the Prestige S5470 way back in 2010 did not manifest this issue. I own one & that's the reason why I'm sure there won't be issues with the current generation of S-models & again I'm proven wrong.


To prevent further disappointment, I just made do with a pair of DiMarzios. I respect the brand & have no particular dissent towards any of the products, it's just that for a direct guitar-to-amp set up, I get better results with Seymour Duncan & it's my go-to brand. Seen here: PAF 36th Anniversary (n) + Super 3 (b). On that note, DiMarzios are going for good discounts at SV Guitars, do check them out.


I bought this guitar because it's the first reverse headstock S-Series in standard production. It's now discontinued & superseded by the S61AL featuring active Fishman Fluence pickups which I tested & disliked. I think I'm the passive aggressive type. 😁


Despite the eye-catching front finish, it's actually a regular S-Series as seen here; the rear finish is as standard as it gets.


Here's the full pic for everyone's reference. It's one of the lightest Ibanez guitars out there but made annoying by the locking tuners (default) which makes it neck heavy. But I still love this guitar.

On that note, I'm staying away from Ibanez in the mean time until they make something enticing in the AZ range (22 frets, no pickguard, not a signature) to my liking. If you've been following my entries, I've not bought any new Ibanez guitars for quite a while & are clearing some of them (RGs mostly) for good prices. They are just not my thing any more. 

Hello, July! 😎

Pic:Ibanezrules

No comments: