Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Screaming 40


There's no other pedal that I'm a cult fan of, I'm in the firm Ibanez Tube Screamer camp. My first TS was the TS-7 (Tone-Lok series) & that one's hard to beat. The 808 was simply good- it's a simple OD unit that is good-sounding. The 40th commemorative unit seen above is based on the 808 so it should have a firm following because nothing different was done to the tone, just the looks. Bought this for collection's sake. Tested it with the EVH 5150 in the store & it sounded killer- most probably because I've not heard this combo being paired up before. At home, I prefer hearing the TS-7 in action (the switching is beginning to become dodgy) or the Nu-Tube Screamer. 


In the mean time, the TSV808 is now available here (from non-official distributors) & it's listing for a few whiskers shy of $600. That's more than 2X the price of the 40th.

No comments: