Monday, March 30, 2020

Minor happiness


I've been playing my LP Standard in its as-is condition. I've finally found time to address certain matters which are not major in its undertaking but necessary for me. First up is the fretboard; a good re-conditioning goes a long way. As seen above, the guitar's fretboard was dry (left) since day one. 


Both strap buttons receive the felt treatment. Doing this because over time, metal will fuse with the gloss finish, especially under certain temperature/ humidity. It's something do-able at the user end & I encourage you to make this small investment. These are available at both Davis GMC & TY Music.


They say Gibson guitars deserve Gibson strings & I believe this is a load of 💩 I'm just doing it this time round to prove myself right. According to the Gibson camp, the strings contain the optimum amount of magnetic materials to limit the pull by the pickups. Maybe they got this right but it affects tone. I know I have my preferred strings brands & I'm getting the right feel & tone from them. Folks, address your needs first, shenanigans can take a number.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

How's the setup and fretwork? supposedly Gibson pleks all their guitars now

subversion.sg said...

Set up - action was higher than my preference. No issues here, I set up all my guitars, not depending on the factory default to impress. Fretwork -no uneven frets, no sprouts either.