Tuesday, August 24, 2021

De-wired

Removed. These tubes had been in my arm since October 2020 (left). The reason it was there - to prevent repeated puncturing for my daily chemotherapy which would be detrimental to my veins. The drug administered had a side effect on the skin, it's virtually a skin eater, making the surrounding area devoid of a top most skin layer. Every time a new dressing was required, removal of the top skin due to the tape's adhesive, was inevitable. As such, I was more prone to infection compounded by the cancerous blood condition. The advice was to stay indoors as much as possible to prevent the untoward from happening. Those tubes had been removed (right) as I am moving towards remission / recovery. 

6 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

speedy recovery bro~

subversion.sg said...

Thank you, my friend 👍🏾

Emmanuel BALLANDRAS said...

Take care man! Blessings and supports!

subversion.sg said...

@Emmanuel B - Appreciate your support, brother 🙏🏼

Muhd Shafie said...

Alhamdulillah Sub. Take care.

subversion.sg said...

@M Shafie - Thank you, Encik! 🙏🏼