Sunday, August 22, 2021

Strat-ifying


Have not played this one in quite a while. I consider this to be one of my best single coil tone guitar & it's not a Fender: Edwards E-SE-100M/LT.

The headstock edges of this guitar are especially rounded, more rounded than a typical Fender. Reminds me of a seasoned instrument. Felt pieces were added to the strap buttons as these were not included from the factory. Edwards uses the ESP embossed string saddles, a reminder of the instrument's pedigree.


These are the key components of what makes me happy when playing this guitar; Seymour Duncan's SSL-1 (n/m) + SSL-3 (b). They are default from the factory & simply sound fantastic. I still can't nail down why these work perfectly well here. It might be attributable to some key considerations, namely the action settings as well as the weight of the instrument. 


The second tone control of this instrument is also a blend switch. When activated, the bridge & neck single coils are activated so at selector position 3, all three single coils are in use. Interesting feature but I seldom use it for rhythm work, just solos. 


I will always acknowledge good strings, regardless of the brand name. SIT's PG Pure Nickel are good stuff, available at Davis GMC.

No comments: