Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Happy birthday, Malaysia

To our dear neighbour - Happy Independence Day! I miss my moments there; seafood at Malacca, the hustle & bustle at KL & those serene sunset moments at Penang Beach... I just want to re-live those moments because they keep me sane. Really. 😔


This is my most memorable song when it comes to Hari Kemerdekaan. Watching Francesca Peters sing it on TV back then, I shared the proud moments celebrating national identity. My TV was monochrome till the late '80s. I was from a low income family. We inherited TVs from others who gave theirs up for coloured versions. We had not phone, no fridge as well.


This is the current rendition of the song featuring other artistes & Francesca Peters at the helm. Treasure your neighbours, they are the first to be there for you in times of need. 

Goodbye, August.

Pic: Bergerpaints

No comments: