Sunday, October 31, 2021

Drive to play


I've not been touching the guitar lately. There's no desire to play. I kept in touch with music by listening to it. As it turned out, feel & tone kept me away from it. For the last fortnight or so, it's been the Les Paul. The tune-o-matic bridge had somehow hindered me from playing properly. 'Properly' here refers to the ability to execute fast ideas without glitches. I might be espousing speed & tactile playing somewhat but that's the nature of my being, it's mostly aggressive speeding. Also, those Gibson pickups are appealing on some days only, on other days, I need to hear something else. 

This morning, the Agile took over & it was a much needed alternative. I play better with a bridge type that lets my picking hand feel the body most of the time. It's comfort proximity. I started playing with an Ibanez so that pretty much summed it up; I've been conditioned on that feel all along. The tune-o-matic bridge came much later & it was an exercise in adaptability. So at the close of October, all is not lost. I appreciate having different types of guitars in the house to remediate moments when I feel the cause of playing is all in limbo. Have a good week ahead, folks. Stay safe. We're into to final two months of the year.

No comments: