Sunday, November 6, 2022

Out & about


Had been spending the day with this one. This peculiar one, to be more specific. Why? Gibson said in its spec sheet, this sports a slim taper neck profile but it's somehow more comfortable to play for me especially. Then I realized that the 70s neck spec includes a slightly wider measurement as well so the slim taper + wide elements left an impression on me in terms of playing comfort. 


But Gibson equipped strange & rather repulsive capacitors in this guitar; a pair of blue, very small ones, no bigger than a baby's fingernail. It somehow made the guitar sound very bright. OK so the mini humbuckers do sound prickly by default but if I could do something inexpensive to this guitar to make it sound more appealing to me, then the capacitor consideration kicked in. These Orange Drops are the .033uf & they smoothened the top end nicely. Beez did this swap for me in under 10min.


Ended the day with a brief chill-out at Gloria Jeans (Esplanade). It was brief because there was a traditional dance event at the outdoor stage so it was crowded, compounded by the usual weekend crowd. Definitely not the environment for introverted people like me. I prefer coming here on a weekday. 

Wishing everyone a good week ahead. 

No comments: