Tuesday, November 22, 2022

SG Tuesday

 
Started playing early, in fact, before breakfast. These two are my most enjoyable SGs, always bring out my best. 

SG Muse. The Epiphone SG Muse is simply magical, no mods here less the locking tuners. I even like the default pickups, a mix of vintage & contemporary tones especially for solos. I also love the coil split options here, awesome for crunchy tones. Also, this SG has the input jack located at the side so it prevents me from grabbing the plug instead of the control knob during frantic moments.

SG Special (2015). Despite being dreadful in terms of commemorative features compounded by the defunct robot tuners, this is the Gibson neck profile I wish was in all my Gibsons; wider & D-curved. That slight flatness does wonders for speed playing, that's what I noticed. I got this for 1/2 price, I'd acquire another if there's any more going round in the after market. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Does anybody know where I can find an epiphone limited edition Les Paul nightfall black with the Floyd Rose also interested in the epi SG muse in the the amethyst or the purple finish I see here on the website .I'm a very serious collector and buyer and I appreciate your time thank you and happy holidays bike
very much appreciate it

subversion.sg said...

There are currently no Gibson / Epiphone / Kramer deals here if you wish to purchase one locally... When will normalcy resume? When the legalities of it all had been settled.