Monday, December 26, 2022

D'Addario - thank you but no thanks


I'm seeing through the last few packs of D'Addario strings & moving on to other string brands. The XLs had been my go-to strings for a long time. Nothing special about them, they are simply good strings for the money without the coating & other cryogenic ploy to warrant desirability. It's all about price. These have gone up by about $2 since I re-visited my interest in them. My income had not increased by this amount in the mean time (it's that pathetic) so looking elsewhere for a viable alternative is the way to go. Come 2023, it will be be subjected to another round of price revision albeit marginal but the message is clear - I have no obligations since there are other choices out there.

4 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

going for Boomers and Rotos lately...

subversion.sg said...

Definitely looking at GHS myself 👍 Roto - inconsistent stock here...

Bernard said...

darco for me. cheap and gd! pity not carried by other stores in SG.

subversion.sg said...

Have been using Darco a lot lately...