Saturday, December 3, 2022

Easy


Had been taking it easy for the last couple of days or so. Not really playing the guitar but forcing myself to manifest what's ringing in my head. Here's the list:
  • Simple lick based on a trap beat backing track
  • Flashdance  - just the chorus bit as an instrumental manifestation
  • Heavy metal version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
  • Top Gun theme tune (pre-chorus)
  • 4-notes per string legato lick played up to speed
I feel this passage of play is necessary as opposed to sitting down & figuring out songs from start to end which never happened with me. Never. I just don't look forward to play songs. Taking Enter Sandman for instance, back when it was released, it's the most playable Metallica song ever & everyone was playing it. I was the exception. I just don't feel accomplished playing other people's songs. I feel more fulfilled playing what's ringing in my head. It's that ability to convert an idea into a tangible form which is free from popular consensus. It just goes to show how much one had bonded with the instrument throughout the years. The guitar becoming an extension of one's self as opposed to something that requires overcoming.

Anyway, to keep things simple, the GRGR010 was used for this occasion. This is the guitar that made me like the Custom Custom & triggered my willingness to look beyond Seymour Duncan's JB in search of tone identity.

No comments: