Wednesday, March 8, 2023

MOMM (38)


It's a midweek ear fodder episode...

Memoriam: Rise to Power
I'm not really a fan of 2021's To the End, it sounded reserved. For this kinda music, singing about warfare, death & destruction, you just have to sound dangerous. OK maybe, after a few outing pivoting on the same theme, your band decided on variety; it's all understood. Rise to Power is Memoriam going up the perilous pathway once more. Guitars sound thicker in this release as well.

Rod Stewart: Some Guys Have All the Luck (Best Of)
I bought this double CD release because I wish to hear the older Rod Stewart song which are not played on the radio much. Air time favours his other tracks with a pop-friendly slant; Have I Told You Lately, Downtown Train, Rhythm of My Heart, et al. To me, Maggie May, The First Cut is the Deepest, Young Turks... these are equally important, otherwise it's not a comprehensive take in understanding all things Rod Stewart. Amazon has some discounted listings + free shipping so why not.

No comments: