Sunday, March 19, 2023

Reverse liking


It seems like this Fender (Japan) is creating quite a stir Stateside. I saw this on the manufacturer's webpage yesterday. Nothing special in the appointments. Perhaps the anodized pickguard & reverse headstock is proving to be a quirky appeal. OK, some of us are turned on by gold (hardware). 


If this design looks familiar to you, it was done in 2015 under the Hendrix monicker, complete with the slanted bridge single coil. 

Back to the Japanese guitar in question, I am currently turned off by anything black / sunburst. I will make the exception if the guitar is well-playing & appeal to me tone-wise. Under these considerations, Telecasters appeal to me more. The guitar is currently under a Japan-exclusive offering but we know this might not be the case in our part of the world.

Pics: Fender Japan / Guitar

No comments: