Sunday, February 10, 2008

MXR: GT OD



I bought this pedal late last year after hearing it in action; forgive the green, Tubescreamer-esque tint but that's what the GT OD is- it's an overdrive unit. I believe the overdrive market is a little saturated & the nature of overdrive itself is one that requires careful listening to discern tonal differences. I wouldn't say this pedal sounds very unique & appealing but I bought it for its dynamic drive sweep; one can procure sweet, smooth drive as well as some raunchy tunes from it.



The GT OD's baseplate is devoid of any grip implementations as you can see form the pic above. This leaves some flexibility in terms of needs- if you are one who straps your pedals down to your pedal board by means of velcro, leave the grip pad unattached.
Full review: MXR GT OD

2 comments:

vernonymous said...

Nice pedal, dont think I've seen one in the states!

subversion.sg said...

oh? i saw a product highlight in the pages of Guitar Player mag, which prompted me to check it out.