Thursday, February 14, 2008

Plagiarism

I currently permit the owner of www.soft.com.sg to document my instrument reviews (in SOFT's review database/ discussion threads) for the following guitars:
  • Ibanez RG321MHWB
  • Ibanez: S520EX
  • Epiphone: Zakk Wylde LP
  • Gibson: SG Special (Faded edition)
  • BC Rich: NJ Mockingbird
  • PRS: Singelcut SE

Do refer to SOFT's guitar review database as proof of publication: SOFT's guitar reviews thread

To date, the ebay account holder dollarbackings uses the above-listed reviews to propel his personal credentials as recorded here:

I do not wish to provide a complete listing of other review copies as they are linked in the referred page.

I have no issues pertaining to the use of my instrument appraisals with source/ author credit as I believe in empowering the consumer with adequate knowledge to avoid being connived by profiteering individuals/ entities. It also goes to show how proprietary ethics are simply not propagated by the educated man of today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Have you contacted eBay and established whether they care or not about this?

subversion.sg said...

i have contacted ebay 3 times but the situation remains the same. the red tape there prevents me from contacting the individual directly.