Saturday, February 9, 2008

Worn picks



These are some of the picks I've used (or abused rather); I've used too many picks along the way, including some weird ones my wife bought when she was away at Vietnam.


The holes you see there are my attempt to create a grip indentation but I guess the one provoded by the average hole puncher is a little too big. Subsequently, I lit up a stick & burn some holes in there as evident from the Fender/ pink Ernie Ball picks but this process leaves bumps on the surface which feel annoying upon handling.


Due to the intense right hand execution you'd notice my picks to disply significant wear at the tip. Also, I file the tip of my picks so they give me this pointed edge, very useful for single notes attack.


Today, I've found the pick which needs no modifications, very good off-the-shelf pick which suits my peculiarities- thank you Stubby!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which one is your mainstay? I've been on the 3.0mm ones for.. shoot - can't quite remember. :)

subversion.sg said...

I'm with the acrylic 2.0 these days. I do use the 3.0 at times but i prefer the nulon version.

Luis Sanchez said...

I am also an avid user of the stubby! Nonetheless I use the small ones, I love them, I can do all sort of harmonics and I barely feel I am using a pick.

ant ant said...

Ha ha I also make holes in my picks! I filed down a screwdriver and now it is like an ice-pick (thank you Sharon) and I make holes with it !!! I also put 5 springs in all my Strats and I also like Ibanez 321 and RGA32...

As I read your fantastic blog, I see a lot of similarities !