Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Barchetta experience

 A few days ago, I was at Davis GMC (as evident from the entries here) & decided to give the DBZ guitars a try. I have been ignoring them largely because the headstock outline together with the body beveling details made them queer looking. But I understand Mr. Zelinsky doesn't want to digress too much from his Dean designs since he's not with the company any more. A leftist design had always been the Dean signature so the DBZ manifestations here could be considered as 'normal'.

I just wanna share how good the DBZ guitars are, I'm particularly attracted to the Barchetta model you see above but could do without the Floyd Rose bridge. The neck also sports a V-profile- very much to my disliking on Fenders- but they are somehow acceptable with this DBZ. This guitar is also another stamp in the good books of Chinese production; the details are all well above average & deserving of the $670 list price. I had the opportunity to plug this guitar into a Marshall MG combo (30W) & the in-house humbuckers just sing in both clean & driven settings. Hmm... time to talk to Janet about the non-Floyd Rose models...

No comments: